Caring for Clients in the Age of COVID-19
I have always loved working with people in person, and being separated from my beloved clients during the COVID-19 pandemic has been difficult. While I’ve been able to transition to providing Shamanic healing and Trauma Touch Therapy sessions via Zoom, I’ve sorely missed being able to provide hands-on massage therapy services for the past few months.
The good news is that Connecticut is allowing all businesses that provide personal services to open as of June 17th. Here’s what reopening will look like for my practice:
I will be opening for in-person massage therapy services on June 24, 2020. Shamanic healing and Trauma Touch Therapy services will only be available as distance sessions for the time being. This will allow me to ensure that I can thoroughly disinfect my office between clients.
To follow are the state-mandated practices that I will be following for all massage clients:
- I will be scheduling a maximum of two massage therapy clients per day.
- All clients must wear a face mask at all times (yes, even on the table).
- All clients will be required to leave their shoes by the front door upon entering the office.
- I have installed a touchless hand sanitizing station next to the front door of my office, for your safety and convenience.
- The office will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each client session, using a combination of nontoxic cleaning products and an ultraviolet light wand.
- I will be wearing scrubs, instead of my regular work clothes. These will be laundered and kept at the office to reduce the possibility of bringing in outside contaminants.
- I will be wearing both a disposable face mask and a plastic face shield. Masks will be safely disposed of after each client session, and the face mask will be properly disinfected between sessions.
- All linens, including blankets and towels, will be laundered after each massage session.
Online scheduling for massage therapy services will become available on June 23rd. If you are not feeling well the morning of your appointment, please reschedule. And if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.